Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mistakes

I embody Romans 7:14-24; and it's not a scripture one really wants to embody. But I know if this scripture was in the dictionary my face would be the definition. Sometimes I feel that no matter how much good I do for the Lord, the evil I do, the sin that so easily entangles me out weighs it all.

Maybe that's why I feel the way I do. I constantly feel like I'm at war with myself; "For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members." Romans 7:22-23.

And I realized this morning on my 6 am bike ride why I've felt so broken, why sin has so easily entrapped me. Because I've been trying to do things all by myself, because I think it makes me stronger. For instance  I cannot become physically strong without the help of certain things; weights, my bike, and so on. I need these things to aid me in what I do and with their help, in the end I will come out stronger than I was before.

My life needs that with God. I cannot become strong on my own, I can't win any battle alone, I will always need His word, His guidance, His presences, and with Him, and only with Him will I come out stronger.

I always think I can get along on my own, but as I look back on my life I realize my weakest, most destructive moments was when I was depending on myself and my strongest and best moments came when I was depending on God.

We live in a culture that is extremely individualistic, that is all about number one and who can make the most money, and that you can't depend on others because it makes you weak. But it is false, its all wrong. Depending on God doesn't make you weak, it makes you incredibly strong. With God all things are possible, alone nothing is possible...

I am not prefect by any means, not even close. I'm still growing, I still make mistakes. I still have moments of individuality, moments of brokenness and I wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise. Faith and dependence on God isn't and overnight, one-stop destination, It's a life time, non-stop journey.

We're going to mess up, make mistakes, we are sinful by nature but we have a loving and grace giving God and He is the only one who can rescue us. No matter what people preach at you about going it alone, we all need our God. That emptiness we feel inside of us cannot be filled by the things of this world. It was made specifically to be filled by the Lord of all. He gives us the choice to fill it with Him or worldly things. But the worldly things will only continue to make us weaker, where God will makes us strong. Yet the choice is ours.

It's not easy and we are bound to mistakes, but those mistakes help us grown and teach us what it takes to depend on God and keep our faith always. I am praying that I continue to learn how to strengthen myself in the Lord and flee the evil desires. He gives us a choice and all we have to do is choose. What we do with these lives that our freely given to us is important and I want to take mine and give it to the Lord and live it shining is light and sharing is love.


Strengthening myself in the Lord,

HIS and yours,


  Cami


No comments:

Post a Comment