Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life is Moving and God is Leading.


Soooooooooo.

  Guess who has two thumbs and is waiting on her assignment on where she'll be placed in Africa....
       Yeah that's right... This girl.

 Oh man my heart just sighed. "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us-- whatever we ask-- we know that we have what we asked of Him." - 1 John 5:14-15. 

Words and the huge smile on my face and the laughter bursting from the seams of my heart are not enough to explain the amount of joy that is overflowing from my soul. God is so good, so faithful, so wonderful. And in all honesty I'd never thought that this would happen. I mean I talked about it and thought about it and prayed about it. But I never thought that I would be in real life returning to Africa for a second time... and for a whole year.

So now that I've waited and waited and waited. I was unofficially accepted into the program this evening after my interview. And now I just wait for the call to let me know where I am headed and who my ministry partner may be. I'm praying that it will be Uganda, but I know the Lord will take me where He wants me and if that is not Uganda than I am totally okay with that, as long as my life is serving the Lord it doesn't matter where I go. Though I did get to look at some orphanages for my year in Uganda, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Sorry. I feel like I am rambling. I guess right now I'm just in another waiting period, in another step of faith. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I may not be able to see where I am headed as this journey is beginning but I know wherever I go I will follow the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.

I'm still scared. A big part of me is going to miss the beautiful people here at college and from back home. But nothing compares to the glorious chance of serving my One and Only Savior on this road. "Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." -Hebrews 10:22. 



I have a lot to learn and grow and do before I leave on this journey but the truth is I am so ready to see what God has. I've listened to the voices that have told me I can't do it for so long. The voices that the enemy has placed in my head saying I'm not good enough, not smart enough, strong enough, not worthy enough. And tonight they were silenced. They were silenced by my strength to stand up and say "In Jesus's name I am worthy." 

And so are you. You are worthy. Whatever God is calling you to do. Wherever your life may be headed, silence those voices that tell you you're not worth it. Move away from those people that discourage you. And move towards the One that is calling you. the One that loves you. That holds you in the palm of His hands. Because you are all together beautiful and worth it. Even if right now you feel like everything in the world is telling you no. is saying you're worthless. Shut them out and open your eyes, your ears, and more importantly your heart. To the God of all the Universe. "be strong in the grace that is Jesus Christ." 

Realize that you can't do this alone, but you also can't do it with people who constantly pull you down. Whatever it is. But also Remember that who you need to be filled with is the One who made you, not the one standing in front of you. Whether it be a significant other, friends, or family. Realize who is going to support you, who is going to be there for you and hang on to those people. But more importantly cling on to Him, the One who is guiding you.

"So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner; But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life-- not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace." -2 Timothy 1:8-9. 

In this life these roads are tough to follow, to walk on, but I can't even begin to express the joy we receive from following after the Lord. At times in this world it may not make sense and sometime I feel lost, but it doesn't mean we give up hope and throw in the towel. We continue to step out in faith and know that God will lead us. And you never know He made lead you to a job, a person, or as for me the other side of the world. 

It is all worth it in the end. He is worth it all.

 Overflowing with Joy,

  HIS and yours,

    Cami 

No comments:

Post a Comment