Monday, April 2, 2012

Come and Believe

"The heart of a man is restless until it finds rest in God." -St. Augustine.

Last night's Praise and Worship on campus was one of those that God used to show me His love for His people and it just continues to blow me away. It wasn't the worship or the speaker, thought both were wonderful, but the chance I got to sit on the edge of stage, and as I waited to pray with people, I got to look out into the crowd of my fellow students and friends on campus and see how evident the light of Christ is.

Now at the time I was asked to pray for people after the message was given I was thinking Why me, why not someone else? and last night the speaker said that he had specifically prayed a long time about the people he should ask and that the ten of us up there were hand picked by God, and I kept thinking, really God, me, you wanted me?

And I tend to ask that question a lot When God calls me to do something. But He always answers me in some awesome way, cause He is one awesome God! Last night He showed me through the worship of my classmates and friends, through the blessing and the privilege to pray with people I truly love and care about. And He whispered in my ear, "Daughter, trust me and only me. I call you because I see your heart, I see your potential, and I make you worthy." And in that little phrase I found rest and peace for my restless soul.

John 6:35 says "I am the bread of life. he who comes to me will never go hungry and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." In this Jesus tell us, we must come, and we must believe. Further down in the verses He says that whoever comes to Him He will never drive away, but we must come and when we come we must believe.

We must come to God believing in His love, in His life, in His work, and in His plan for our lives. Because without Him we can do nothing, but with Him we can do anything He brings us to. Not it's not easy, and sometimes coming and believing is a lot scarier than it sounds, but even in the darkest moments the light shines through, shines brighter.

We cannot have the benefits of the Son of God without abandoning all of ourselves to Him. and if this is our story than we will never be satisfied in Him. You see faith IS this life and without faith in Him there is no way to move forward, no trust get us no where with Jesus.

"Come... and believe..."

When we follow Him by faith with nothing else to rely on, He provides. And we are filled.

So don't be afraid even if right now it seem hopeless, put hope in Him. Even if right there's restlessness, find rest in Him. What ever the feeling, what ever is happening He already knows, so just come to him. Come and believe.

Chasing HIM,

HIS and yours,


Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment