Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We love because He first Loved us.

A poem for my future husband.

I think of you in the in-between spaces,
in the pause before the next heartbeat,
in the clench of my chest before I exhale,
in the swell of courage before I say hello.
And perhaps one day,
Our lives will occupy one space,
Touched Shoulders.
Clasped Hands.
Shared Secrets.


I haven't met you yet and I know Jesus is preparing us both for that glorious day. And as He writes out this love story I can't help but be excited. because I think of the love that we will have each other and that is only because He loved us first.
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Happy Love Day. But know that I will love you everyday, all our lives. I don't know you and you don't know me. And until than I will continue to wait for you. Because God's love story for us is far better than anything thing I could ever write.
Know that I love you, but HE loves you so much more.


waiting on HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment