Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Surrendered Persons Explanation haha

If you haven't read The Surrendered Girl, I would read that first. You don't have to, you can read them backwards change it up a little bit :)


So I talk a lot about Surrendering to God, and I can't help it, it's just so awesome. But what does it mean when I say "surrender to God." it doesn't mean we are going to stop living once we surrendered our lives to Him. In truth it means the exact opposite, we will start living! Surrendering to God doesn't mean that we are living a reckless life without purpose. It means we start living with purpose - The purpose that God has planned for us.

Here is one of the best verses... (well the whole Bible's great :D)
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Here it is in bold font: We can give up our selfish desires, put our future in God's hands and He can and He will take us far beyond any thing we could dream/imagine.

I was reading the book of James today and came to the conclusion that I really enjoy this book! Especially chapter 4, I think you know why, the title alone will tell you why it's my favorite haha! The title is Submit Yourselves to God :) Yep that's right, I'm not making this stuff up, it's legit and it's in the Bible even!!

Now James says in verse 4:7 "submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" Here we see again that God desires that we give him complete control of our lives. Surrendering to God is not easy, I've said this many times, and there will always be the temptation of returning to our own self, to the world. You know what Even Jesus was tempted to not surrender His life to God's plan! But you want to know what happened. He resisted and the devil fled from Him!!! How awesome is that! The devil fled, was scared, disappeared, GONE.

The devil uses the things of this world to tempt us to draw us further and further away from God. But when we surrender to God, He gives us a weapon to use against our enemy, the devil. Even when we are tempted to do our own will, to go against God, and live our lives our own way. So once we surrender to God, He will empower us to resist the devil.

So that is my little explanation on the beautiful surrendered life to God. I recommend reading James, it is a great book and can teach us a lot of things.

Don't get distracted with the world and when you face trails rejoice in them!!
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4).


I want to lack nothing, do you?




Just think about it



His and yours



Cami :)

No comments:

Post a Comment