Friday, January 22, 2010

Energetic in Goodness

So as I sit by myself in my dorm room in silence, I wonder why I am not out like everyone else. Then I realize I am not like everyone else. Unfortunately to people on the outside, it just makes me look like a loner, sitting alone reading my bible on a Friday night. And yet I feel great, happy, no extraordinary. Holy Cow I love Jesus! He makes me giggle and just gasp with my mouth dropped wide open at his awesomeness. Because I've never felt more at home, more in a place of company then I do right now. God you are my Best Friend, My Beloved.

As I sit here and reflect on everything that has been going on lately I just can't say anything bad. God has came through over and over for me. And yet I continue to fail Him. Especially in my influence upon the people I am around, maybe that is why I am here alone, so I can realize that my influence is just that... SILENT. It is a God given call to influence the world (i.e., people around us in our school, at the gym, in the cafe) in a positive way, without being influence in a negative way, ourselves. Does that make sense? No probably not. When someone begins to talk about something or someone in a negative way (i.e., gossip) do you jump right in? do you come up with something clever and sarcastic to say? I know I used to. I would bash that person down, thinking that I was worthier. And then I realized what in the jolly green giant am I doing? Is this the way Jesus would talk what would Jesus say to me right this moment, to these people that I am with. He would straight out tell the truth. Now Jesus was never a liar, or harsh, He was truthful, blunt. He would say. "Cami, My Salvation is for everyone! What makes you think you are the only one deserving?"

Jesus you are absolutely right, I don't deserve this Salvation you so freely give to me, so what gives me or anyone else the right to judge people. Sorry that God's job, not ours. I came across these words in Titus, This is from my NIV Bible version:
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and Godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good." (Titus 2:11-14) What does that mean? well me being the researcher I am I went and looked it up in in my NKJV Bible and it was slightly more confusing.

So I found it in my message Bible this is what it said:
Titus 2:11-14 (The Message)
“God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! We’re being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness.”

God has given everyone a chance at Salvation, and we are His hands and feet. As I prepare myself for the missions field, and take my next big step. I've been praying for God to show me what to do, and how to prepare. See I am one of those quiet and gentle spirits. But I can't be SILENT on the missions field, no one can hear you when you are silent! So He is calling me right now to use school and even when I am at home as my missions field, to speak out the truth no matter what the cost. No longer being Silent. He is rising up the fire and the boldness in my heart. But in this I have to be constantly aware of what I am filling my mind and hearts with. Because if I am filling it with bad things, it will mess up the beauty, grace, and wonderful things God has stored up inside of me.

You see by opening yourself up to sin, to evil things, it gives the enemy and easy access to your heart. For example by going out an partying, drinking, smoking, and so on even once it's a free access point for the enemy, even once. The evil things of this world, the temptation all give the enemy and access point. Are you giving the enemy one right now? Every sin is equal, no one is bigger than the other. Be aware of what you are saying and doing and constantly praise God every hour of everyday. Rejoice in everything He has given you. He gave us life for FREE... He paid the price, Jesus paid the price. So now's the life changing, craziest, scariest, funnest, BEST question ever. Are you ready to be changed? and I don't mean a change like you're hair color or your next boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm talking a HEART change, a drastic change, a change that will change you from the inside out, that will change you and maybe even change other around you. To live a God-honoring, fully surrendered life?

God's sacred intent for us is nothing short of absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ, entire separation from the pollution of the world, and passionate worship of our King with every breath we take!

Today, I heard this. It's like we are approaching this cliff. And when we get to this cliff we get so scared we start asking all these question and some of us stand at the edge trying to gauge how far the leap is, kicking rocks off the side to see how far the tumble may be. And some of us get to that edge and think NO WAY and run the opposite direction. The cliff is the change that God is giving us. When you get to that cliff, don't be afraid just JUMP and know that GOD WILL CATCH YOU! So don't be afraid any longer. Let the enemy Be GONE! and Just leap, and free fall in to God arms.

He gave everything for us, will we give everything for Him?

Just think about it.

His and yours

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment