Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stop Waiting

Don't underestimate what you, as one person, can do. God will work through anyone who is submitted to Him-- of any age-- to accomplish His will on earth. Just look at what Moses discovered: if one man or woman is willing to obey God, it can change the destiny of millions.

Journal entry 8-5-2011

  It is crazy to see this summer come and go so fast, it seems like just yesterday I was leaving home to head to Uganda and tomorrow, before I know it I will be back in the states for debrief. Words cannot even begin to explain this summer and all that God taught me, through good and bad, expected and unexpected. 
   I know HIS plan for my life is far more than anything I could ever imagine and I will continue to wait on HIM with prayer. I can't even fathom being at home or at school right now and yet that is where I am headed, for I know my purpose is not yet finished, especially at school. I pray that I can make it through this year smoothly and that God will help me to stay disciplines and not be distracted from what HE has fro me.
   The people and love of Uganda has forever left a giant footprint upon my heart and I hope someday I will be able to return to that pale. I've never felt more at home and comfortable then I did there. In my heart Uganda will always be; it's orphans, it's people, it's love, it's culture, and so much more. I praise God for this once in a lifetime opportunity, who am I to be able to be a part of furthering HIS kingdom and yet HE wants me, He's called unto to me and I will continue to serve Him with a heart full of joy and love in whatever HE has me do.
   "If the LORD delights in a man's way, HE makes his steps firm: though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with HIS hand" -Psalm 37:23-24.

It crazy to think that over a year ago I was returning home from Uganda, Africa. It's even more crazy to think that in less than two months I will be leaving home for Tanzania, Africa. God has totally blessed my life in unfathomable ways and words cannot even begin to explain all He has, is and continues to do.

Reading through my journal from last summer I got to see how God confirmed the calling of being a missionary in this next season of my life. It's amazing to see all that I went through to know that God truly is calling me here and how hard it was and sometimes still is to let go of the things that I need to so that I can live the life HE has called me to. The truth is I've spent a lot of time thinking about this, a lot of time thinking about just waiting. Waiting until I had my student loans paid off, waiting until I had that great job I always wanted when I was younger, waiting for that guy to make the first move, waiting for my first house. Just waiting. But I realized that I am not called to wait. No one is called to wait. We are called to move. To move in the direction that God leads. Because I know that if I waited for the things I wanted, they would never come, because they are not in line with God's heart and plan for my life. And since I've stopped waiting for what I wanted I've come to love what God wants. Seriously I couldn't imagine my life any other way. I couldn't wait or wish for a better way to spend my life than serving children and women and whoever comes across my path. Because in learning what God has for me, I learned that my heart is for people not for a job behind a desk.

It takes a lot of faith, and sometimes we don't want to take that leap, don't want to trust in the gut feeling. But I've learned that in every blind leap I've taken God has been there to catch me and lead me through. Tanzania is one of those blind leaps. yes I'm scared it's a long time to not see my family and friends. To be a part of a new culture, a new language, but I can also tell you how excited I am to see all that God has planned. to fall in love with a new place and new people. To learn how universal the love of God really is and to be able to change my life. God has a plan for all of our lives and it's never to late to listen, never to late to follow, never to late to stop waiting.


Diving in,


 HIS and yours,

   Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment