Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A thing like... death.

It's been awhile since I sat back and just relished in the life God has given me. It upsets me that it takes a thing like death to make me realize the life I have. I've been struggling with a lot of things lately, trying to figure out where my life is leading and when learning where it is going I am learning of things I have to let go and people I may have to let go of and leave behind. And as I struggle to take the steps that God has asked me to take in all of His glory He continues to bless me. Though the enemy is never far behind trying to ruin the blessing, by attacking a family member to her death. And it's hard to fathom as I am still in shock, but as I seek God in a time of mourning I pray that He will show her family that even through this death, this life lost, God, He will prevail and His grace will overcome all evil, all strife, all sadness.

I've been looking into the Kingdom of God a lot and with this news I know now more than ever it is prevalent for me to seek His Kingdom and share the news of His Kingdom with friends and family. God's preparing this amazing Kingdom for us to live in and share with Him. It will be Heaven on Earth. When we become one in Christ we are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people, and members of God's household (Ephesians 2:19). He has begun to build His Kingdom up in us (An in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit. [Ephesians 2:22]). and who are we to keep this glorious place to ourselves. God calls each and everyone of us to share His word, His heart, His Kingdom.

This is what the Lord says:
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" (Isaiah 66:1-2) But God is creating and new heaven and a new earth. How awesome is that all NEW!!! "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will the come to mind." (Isaiah 65:17). He is creating a place where there will be no infant mortality, no abortion, no old man dying at 90 or 100 but living loner, no child will be doomed to misfortune, the people will be blessed by the Lord. A place where the wolf and the sheep will feed together and the lion with eat like the ox. (Isaiah) A place of beauty and of majesty. Joel also talks about the Kingdom of God and the Day of the Lord. But until that day comes, whenever it may be shouldn't we live on this earth as it is the Kingdom of God, building it up each and every day with God always with us.

Even as we struggle to take these very small steps in creating the Kingdom of God in the here and now, a huge battle and force is being built up beyond this earth in the heavens. And, at an unexpected moment in time, the trumpet will sound and Jesus will return, just as the Word says. He will return with a mighty army, his Holy Army and together they will overthrow the evils of this world. On that day we will join with Jesus and will be victorious. Justice will roll down like a mighty river and the things of the word will become the Kingdom of our God and God shall reign forever and ever.

Jesus is in everything of this world, in new people you meet, in new places you go. He will use them to show you what He wants to teach you. Don't take what you have for granted for someday it will all pass away. But don't find pleasure in only the earthly things because when it's all gone all that's left is our Jesus and He will be the judge of us. Don't let something like death make you stop and realize the life you have been given, instead rejoice daily in the life and live it each day for the Lord. Be thankful for every moment and every thing because it will all pass away.

Prepare your hearts for the Day of the Lord, whether we are in heaven or here on earth we will be witness to that beautiful day.


Are you prepared?


Just think about it.


I'm praying for you.



His and yours,

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment