Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Perfect Valentine...

Well it's that time of year again. The time of year where the flower and candy shops just start racking in the dough; money so to speak. It's the month of Love, more specifically it's Valentine's day, well tomorrow is, but whatever. I usually hate this time of year, it's when I see all these happy couples, falling in love, proposals and flowers and all the pink and red. It's been a huge prayer of mine for God to prepare a warrior-poet man for me. A man totally devoted to Him and yet I can't seem to find any man on earth that wants a full relationship with God rather than the world. There was a guy I thought wow this could be the guy, but being who I am I decided not to push it, and just let it go because there is someone better for him than me. I sit with my Word open and search for the answers, because I know they are there. So I pray.

I've been praying for a man committed to God. A man that would be a leader, and a servant. A man who would love others, even the outcast, the sinners. A man that would help me walk closer to God. And the answers just started pouring from my Bible. John 10:30, John 14:6, Philippians 2:7, Romans 5:8, Psalm 23, Matthew 6:33.

But most of all I've been praying for love, for someone who will love me, love me so much he will want me and only me, No one else!. That he will be willing to do whatever it takes to pursue me, guard my heart, and win me.
And Jesus answered my cry, my prayers for a man such as this. "I would lay down my life for you. He has set a seal of Love upon my heart. The banner He put over me was LOVE (Song of Sol. 2:4). I know that nothing can separate us (Romans 8:35-39). He has won my heart and will always have my heart forever.

Jesus is not just any man. He is the Son of Man. He is my True Love, my Bridegroom, My Perfect Valentine.

I am so completely captivated by this Man, my One True Love Jesus, that I want no earthly man until it will bring Him glory on earth. I know that as I spill my life out for the Gospel and for the Lord, one day it will be the greatest gift I can give my earthly husband. For him to know that his future wife is living each day lost in the Lord and not lost in the world. I know that when it is time God will bring such a wonderful wholly devoted to God man into my life and when He does we will both simply keep living fully for our Lord...together.


I know this life I lead will pass away
Along with every other earthly thing
So I will set my heart on a higher plain
Where my treasure lies with You

And in this marriage of our hearts
There is no death do us part
For You are eternal
And I am eternally Yours

And I could never lose Your love to sickness
Oh I could never lose You to divorce
And there's no concept of abandonment
For I am safe within Your arms

And in this marriage of our hearts
There is no death do us part
For You are eternal
And I am eternally Yours
Oh I am eternally Yours
I am eternally Yours
-Sanctus Real "Eternal"

He wants to be eternally yours, will you be eternally His?



Just think about it.



His and yours


Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment