Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Miracles from a Miraculous God


Around three months ago I was in Kenya. Around three months ago something happened in my life. Something huge. Something scary. Something that made my heart drop in my stomach and tears fall from my eyes, and shear panic to break through. Something that causes me to stop and take a look at my life and wonder what God is doing and why He is doing it.

Africa is a long long way from home, but in some weird way it has become my other home. Because home is not a place, but it is the people that are there that make it home. And every time I am in Africa, no matter what country, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, a huge part of me feels home. But my other home is where each of my family members are. And three months ago a part of my home got hurt really bad. My brother, who I love to the ends of the earth and back, even if sometimes I just don't understand him, was in an accident. I was 8000 miles away and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't sit and hold his hand, I couldn't sit and talk to him, I couldn't be with my sister and talk with her, or my parents and just sit and wait. I couldn't do anything but cry and cry and pray. I didn't know what was going on in this part of my home. I was panicked and wondering why on earth this could happen while I was so far away. And it's still hard to think about. It's still hard to write about.


So two and half months ago I made the decision to return home early from Kenya. I prayed and wrestled and wondered if I was doing the right things. Wondering if God knew what was going on. In all the circumstances leading up to my decision, In all the issues and the struggles and the tears I boarded a plane to return to my other home. In short I was told the my bro may not be able to play baseball again, may not ever be the same. I didn't see it or him, but I know my brother and he doesn't take no for an answer, when he wants something he goes for it with all his heart. He is strong and smart and independent and a wonderful man of God. My prayers, and the prayers of my friends all over the world were covering Him, and I knew deep in my heart that God's plans for him were bigger than what the enemy tries to destroy. And so as I flew through the air, a big part of me wanted to see him right when I got home, but a big part of me wanted him to not be there, wanted him to be back a school, back with his friends, back on the mound, back where he was supposed to be. So Through the 36 hours of airport and plane time that is what I prayed. How much my flesh wanted to see my brother, but how much more my spirit wanted him to be healed and on his way down the path.

I didn't know how he was really doing or if he would be able to be back to normal, I just had to trust in God that he would take care of him. And I landed on Iowa soil and my brother was back at school. Prayer answered. He was laughing and joking around. Prayer answered. And then I got to see him pitch, I got to see him on the mound, i got to see his God-given talent. Prayer answered. He was healed, a miracle yes, but we have a miraculous God. Who hears and answers prayers. That I can attest to.

I still struggle everyday with this. I know my God is a healer, but since leaving Africa, I've found it harder and harder to connect. Being home in America is hard. yes, but it's where I need to be. Because in being home God has showed me through my brother, that in everything He is Good, He is working, and He has a plan. My brother has a testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness. Of the fact the He will never leave nor forsake any of His children. And through my brother's testimony I have been given more faith. I have seen how God holds His people in His hands, and that gives me the strength to believe that all those children and widows and people I have cried over at night, who I don't know if they are alive or dead, sick or healthy, under a roof or out in the street. That He his holding onto them, even when I am not there. He is working miracles. He is there, no matter what. Because God builds up the things that the enemy tries to destroy. And that is a beautiful thing.

I am happy to report that my brother is as awesome as ever, pitching, playing ball and growing in Christ. I couldn't be a prouder sister, but more importantly I couldn't be happier to see how God is working in his life and I'm so glad I get to see it. Also happy to know that right now even though I am extremely anxious and impatient. This time of waiting is necessary, because there are things I am learning and seeing that need to be done and need to be known.

That yes I miss Africa more than words can describe. But God knows the longing of my heart. He knows that nothing here can take me from this calling, this burden, this amount of love that is on my heart. Yes, there are other desires there, but life is fast and things happen and I can't put my life on hold waiting for something that is not suppose to happen right now. That in this moment I'm here to reach out to people. To love people where I am. This transition has not been easy, I don't think any of them have or ever will be. But God is moving and working.

In my heart, I knew he would take care of my brother, I know that He is taking care of all those I love and left in Africa and I know that He is taking care of me. I just need to have faith and know that He works miracles, even when people don't believe it's possible. God's shown me that through my brother. So I just keep working, and chilling in coffee shops. Trying to stay updated on all of the people's lives around this home, until it's time to return to my other home across the sea. God's got it covered.


Watching, Waiting, Listening,


 HIS and yours,


   Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment