Sunday, March 25, 2012

and that's a Rap. From my Heart to Yours

So sometimes I have this problem called not sleeping. It hits me on nights when I have to much going on in my head. Surprisingly enough that's almost every night. I know. It's gotten worse the closer I get to graduating. Sometimes I'll just lay in bed and wait for sleep to come, other times I'll get up and go sit on my couch in the living room. And then there are the nights where words string together in my head and I end up writing for a few good hours and then once I get it all down on paper I can sleep.

So last night it was one of those nights and it turned out all I needed to do was write a rap... or a poem, whatever you feel when you read it. And then I slept. It has no title or a name, but it's personal... so here it is. From my heart to yours.

i need another story,
something to get off my chest
it's getting kinda boring
got something to confess
my life's not glitz and glam
i'm not as good as i may seem
on the outside i look nice
but on the inside my heart is mean
i don't cuss and i don't drink
but you've got to understand
i do the things i do
not to please God, but to please man
i walk around with this cross around my neck
but my sin is piled so high
i can barely tell the speck
in my brother's eye from the plank in my own
you think by now i would have learned
you think by now i would have known
i'm working on it day by day
and what He's given none can take away
but God it's harder than it looks
all those Words You've written in your Book
it may sound easy, yeah i know
but it ain't easy on this road
many will try, but few will find
this grace that has been given
in this thing that we call life
but i know i cannot waste it
all that He has sacrificed
for me to become free
for me to live this life
yeah, i'm still a sinner
but His grace it covers me
for how blind i once was
i now can truly see
and even though i fail
yeah, i stumble and i fall
His love it covers me
He'll still be my All in All
i may not be perfect
i make mistakes, okay
but i choose to follow Him
every second, day by day
the devil, he can try
to break me and to bind me
but God conquers all
He will always find me
no i don't have it all together
no i'm not the best
but as He becomes greater
i become less
so i give this life to Him
yeah, the God that's over all
the One who truly knows my heart
and will answer when i call
i may not be the greatest
but God used the weak to shame the strong
and i pray for all those who don't believe
pray we can prove them wrong
for without Him we are nothing
and in Him we are free
i may not be the strongest
but i can do all things
through Him who strengthens
me.





HIS and yours,

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment