Friday, December 11, 2009

Stand, Walk, Run

There are days where I can't bare to run, bare to walk, bare to even stand. And yet I get through those days. It's the days where I feel like falling face down that are my favorite days. The days I feel I'm at my weakest point are my favorite. The days where everything that could go right goes right and everything that could go wrong goes wrong happen in the same day. Those days, almost everyday are the days I draw closer to MY GOD.

I sometimes struggle with trying to obey God, calling me to me single, calling me to give up my dream of a romantic relationship. God how is that even possible? But I realize that when I eagerly chase Him, nothing of this world matters to me, nothing of this world has value. I only chase His best when I trust Him above anything else. It doesn't happen all at once, but how it can happen isn't hard for me to understand, nor is it hard for anyone else: You STAND. You "choose the way of truth". You tell God you want Him and His way. You read the bible to remind yourself what God has done for you (Romans 10:17). You WALK. You "hold fast to God's statutes". You obey- even thought you worry that you'll fall and grind your face in the dirt. But you don't. Over and Over God shows that His way works. He's kind and wise. Your trust grows. So you RUN. You "run in the path of God's commands". Your heart is "set free" or "enlarged," which means "swollen with joy" (Isaiah 60:5), and "increased in understanding" (1 Kings 4:29) You obey because you want to, not because you have to.


Just think about it.


His and yours


Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment