Wednesday, August 7, 2013

inexpressible joy, inexpressible love.

  Lately I've been missing East Africa more than my heart can contain. And lately my heart feels as if it can't contain very much. I've had this immeasurable amount of feelings overwhelming my entire body. I can't even contain it in my chest. This inexpressible joy.

Which is strange, real strange. When all that surrounds me and friends lately seems to be tragedy and death and struggles. In the past weeks I've notice this inexpressible smile just hanging out on my heart. This feeling, this emotion, this joy I thought was so unattainable, I haven't been able to shake. And I don't want to.

Granted there are days I am still stressed out at work and people frustrate me and bad things happen, but this feeling in my heart, this emotion of joy and knowing that God is preparing something awesome for me has kind of been blowing my mind as of late.

He's showing me that in HIM no one can take this joy. That there will be dark days, but He's always shining through, like the sun through the clouds. He's showing me to get close to the things and the people I care about. That yes, these things and these people will come and go. And some people just learn to stop caring about them, but that I need to keep reaching out.

That when I keep reaching, God gives me opportunities to share Him and share my passions. Like today, simply bringing Africa shaped cookies to work caused co-workers to ask me why Africa and what I do and why I do it. And yet another answered prayer of God moving in my life and opening doors for me to share HIM and the things I love. It's amazing. He is amazing.

And I've realized that when I don't try to contain, when I don't try to bottle and push down this joy, it helps me love more. It gives me this inexpressible love for the people around me and the task I have to do. In work, in conversation, in whatever. When I let God's love and joy flow from me, it does things. it changes things. it changes me.


It opens my eyes.

It opens my heart.

It opens my ears.

It moves my hands and feet.

Inexpressible joy that bubbles over into inexpressible love. No words can describe the beauty and the feeling that comes from it.

It's easy to shove it down deep. Especially when there are so many other things going on. But there is nothing that can put out this light, God's light once we have it. No darkness is too dark. No ocean too deep. No storm too strong. No river too wide. No mountain too high. HE shines, HE swims, HE calms, HE stretches, HE climbs. it's beautiful.

Don't try and hide the light. It's a beautiful thing. It's a marvelous thing. Shine. Shine the joy of Jesus so bright that others will be blinded by your glow and ask where it comes from. this Joy, this Marvelous Light.

Inexpressible Joy leads to Inexpressible Love. Love that can move mountains. Love that causes blind to see. Love that helps ears to hear. Love that helps mouths speak. Love that can cause a cripple to walk, and a dead man to rise. Love that is God's, Love that He has given us. Take hold of it. Tight with two hands and never let go. Hold it high above your head let it shine out, reach out to others. I promise you, this joy is something that causes change.

Yes I still miss Africa and there are days I cry and scream and just want to go. But I'm seeing through this joy, through these lessons. That everything right now is preparing me for what is to come. So maybe I won't return to Africa in two years like I planned, it may be longer. But I'm learning that Love lets go of its plans, to reach out and hold on to what is right in front of it. So that's what I'm going to do. Let go of my plans and reach out, who knows where God is going to take me.

I'm all in.

Letting Go and Reaching out,


 HIS and yours,


 Cami










No comments:

Post a Comment