Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Letter to my Best Friend...

You leave for Haiti in 3 days. Words cannot express how much you've been on my mind, on my heart, and in my prayers these past weeks. Words cannot express how excited I am for you. For this moment, for this door God has opened. To go back to the place your heart is, the ultimate answer to a prayer I know you've been praying since your last trip to Haiti.

God is amazing. Beyond any words I have. He's amazing in this instant, but He is also amazing in the very instant that He brought us into each other lives. Kels, I didn't know that by following God's calling to lead that trip to Texas three years ago that He would be leading me to the best friend I had been praying for, for years. To a friend who understands and knows my heart, who excepts me as I am through my mistakes and flaws. Who loves me the way He loves me. You are literally an answer to prayer. You are a blessing.

I'm sure in this moment you are scattered trying to pack for these next weeks in Haiti, for a time where tears will be shed and laughter will be shared and you will be stretched and put through trails, but know that God is always there and I will always be praying. He's put you with Andrea, and even from the short time I've known her, I know she is one amazing woman of God. Lean on each other when things are good and when things are bad, but more importantly always lean on God.

Kels, you truly are my best friend. And I can say that I don't have many of those. I don't have many people I can lay around with for a week and watch old movies with. Or lay up at night for hours talking about whatever pops into our minds. A person who listens intently answers honestly and is constantly loving. Who not only I can be myself around, but who can be there self around me. this is true friendship. yours is true friendship.

Your family is my family. Who have welcomed me in as their own and didn't even judge me that one time i fell in the shower. ;) There love for me is overwhelming and beautiful, love I know you learned from your parents. You've taught me so much in the three years I've known you, but honestly it's felt like a lifetime. You've taught me love, patience, you've taught me about faith and how to fight for what I believe in. But most importantly God has used you to show me yet another way He answers prayer. He's used you to show me what true friendship looks like. What true selfless love is. He is awesome.

God's got amazing things planned for you in Haiti. Sometimes you will feel like your heart is being ripped from your chest and other times you'll feel like it's going to explode out of your chest. Through these moments and all others God is with you. I'm praying for you. I can't wait to hear your stories, to hear about how the love you have shown me, God's love. You have shown to the people of Haiti. Seriously I miss you like crazy and I wish we lived closer, but that's the amazing thing, distance doesn't change our friendship. We still talk, we still text, we still send each other awkward snapchats. You are always loving me, even from a distance. And I praise God for you everyday. Even the days we don't talk I know that if I called you, you would answer.

You're my best friend. You're my sister. You're my family. You're my answer to a long prayed prayer. I thank God for you everyday and I'll be praying for you as you leave for Haiti with Andrea and has you return home to your last year of college. He has amazing plans for your life and I'm so glad I get to be one of the people on the sidelines cheering you on!

Love you Kels,


  Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment